The greatest barrier to starting or growing a business is fear of failure, lack of business skills and lack of social capital. NRC is committed to supporting growth in the economy. By providing a Start-up and Business Growth programme NRC aims to develop:
- valued employees;
- self employed business owners; and
- growing businesses.
- Build a Brand – Enterprise skills for everyone
- Deliver “Live Projects” staff and students helping local companies to grow
- Develop Problem Based Learning techniques
- Personal investment in your business idea, networks and social capital
Types of Support
At NRC our enterprise programme is underpinned by the development of a culture of entrepreneurial thinking to encourage Start-ups (increase business birth rate) and Business Growth with existing companies.
Start-ups - What can you expect?
- Ideas Generation workshops
- Guest Speakers
- Enterprise Competitions
- Business Planning Support
- Technical Support to help develop your idea
- Networking Events (internal and external)
- Access to Pre-Incubation Facilities
Interpersonal Skills you will develop:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Team working
- Presentation skills
Business Knowledge you will develop:
- Product/Service Development
- Market Research
- Market Testing
- Feasibility Study
- Business Finance
- Business Plans
Do you need to take your business to the next level? If yes, then you and your business could benefit from a visit from a member of our Business Support team who could discuss a range of options including:
- a training needs analysis and business health check
- up-skilling and re-skilling of existing staff through our bespoke training solutions
- technical support to develop your product or deliver efficiencies in the manufacturing processes to include rapid prototyping
- mentoring by subject specialists to embed new and emerging topics e.g. renewable sustainable practices and principles
Click here for the Innovation homepage
Click here for the Upskilling homepage
Every successful enterprise brings about benefits not only for themselves but also for the regional economy or country as a whole.
- Encourage students to act as resources for businesses - Work experience placements, projects and assignments based on real problems.
- Develop business leaders as role models for students - Students develop business network/contacts/social capital.
Existing Businesses and the Economy
- Self-employment offering more job satisfaction and flexibility.
- Development of more industries/new markets.
- Processing of local materials into finished goods for domestic consumption as well as for export.
- Income generation and increased economic growth.
Northern Regional College
- Encourage greater environment for learning - Enterprise is experienced as well as taught.
- Increased projects and development of modern teaching resources.
- Development of entrepreneurial attitudes among lecturers and potential entrepreneurs to bring about significant changes
Call to Action
Partnering with NRC on start-up and growth projects equals less risk and faster time to market — for you. Join us now and our complementary strengths will provide you with the value and flexibility you need to start/grow your business.
Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07554118416
Invest Northern Ireland
Department for Employment and learning
Association of Northern Ireland Colleges