At Northern Regional College, all of our courses have online resources available on our Digital Learning Environment or DLE which you can access on campus or at home. We have invested heavily in a range of online services and computer equipment to provide our students with a high quality learning experience which will help you develop your digital skills.
We are continually refining, expanding and enhancing our online course delivery, offering the flexibility of studying parts of your course online. This means you can:
- View course materials and complete activities online 24/7;
- Access thousands of online courses developed by industry experts on Lynda.com;
- Learn in virtual classrooms and take part in discussion forums;
- Enhance and develop key digital skills;
- Balance study, work and family commitments.
As a student at Northern Regional College, you also have unlimited access to Lynda.com, an on-demand library of high quality instructional videos which provides up-to-date professional courses on a wide range of business, IT and creative media topics.
With more than 5,000 courses taught by industry experts—and more added every week—Lynda.com is designed for all levels of learners, and is available whenever you're ready to learn. You can access it from Lynda.com and with the Lynda.com app, you can even view courses from your mobile device. This allows you to gain important skills for your future career and learn about a range of topics such as:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access;
- Study skills including statistics;
- Website and mobile app development;
- Social media and digital marketing;
- Interview and job skills.
With your Northern Regional College Lynda.com account, you get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalised recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
Your lecturer can provide you with more information on how to create your Lynda.com account and the courses that will be useful for your studies.
Many courses at Northern Regional College, including most of our work-based learning programmes, are assessed through a portfolio of students’ work. Our students have access to electronic portfolio or e-portfolio systems, including City & Guilds’ Learning Assistant, which they can use to upload evidence of their work for review and assessment. E-portfolios allow students to:
- Easily upload evidence of their work including photographs and video content.
- Access their portfolio at any time, on campus or at home.
- Keep track of their learning and get feedback from lecturers.
- Download the mobile app (for Learning Assistant) to upload evidence on the go.
The following video shows you how to get started with Learning Assistant:
Should you have any questions about our online services, please contact your lecturer or the Digital Learning Team.