Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Successful Year 1 students can automatically progress to the second year of the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business with Subsidiary Diploma in IT.
This course is designed for ambitious, young people who aspire to achieve full time, supervisory positions in Human Resource Management, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, E Commerce and Retailing, MIS or Computer Security. This course also delivers a skill set in Spreadsheet Modelling, Database Design and Computerised Accounting sought by the employers of tomorrow.
The BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business with IT is an internationally recognised qualification that is the equivalent to THREE A Levels. Distinction level students will have the grades to apply for degree courses in Business, Accountancy, Human Resources, Computer Security and Computing at Ulster University, Queens and universities in England and Scotland. Students with Merit grades will be accepted onto our much sought after Foundation Degree in Business with Digital Technology or FD Courses at other further and higher education institutions.
Core units studied are:
- Business Communication
- The Business Environment
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Computer Systems
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- OCR Sage Computerised Accounting
- OCN Social Media
Essential Skills in Numeracy/Communication and ICT
- To create young, ambitious, financially astute entrepreneurs and employees that can add value to a business.
- To empower our students with business knowledge and a first class skill set so that they can secure well paid jobs with forward thinking businesses that offer career progression.
- To nurture the self-confidence and intellect of our students so that they can embrace the opportunities offered on degree and Foundation degree courses.
On completion of year one a Subsidiary Diploma in Business is awarded which is equivalent to one 'A' Level. Some A level students who originally did not get enough UCAS points to go to university enrol into year 1 with the view of accumulating extra UCAS points so that they can get into the degree course of their choice.
A mix of continuous assessment and a few examinations throughout the year based on a range of assignments and projects across all units.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at Grades C or above or a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Business or Information Technolgy. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades. Studnents who have not gained English, Mathematics or ICT at grade C or above will be required to attend Essential Skills classes in Numeracy, Communication and ICT TO gain the Equivalent of 3 additional GCSE's