Animal Management - Level 3
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C01788 NAF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
A total of 180 credits are required to achieve a full award. Examples include:
- Understand and promote animal health
- Manage animal accommodation
- Understand animal anatomy and physiology
- Plan and monitor animal feeding
- Understand the principals of animal biology
- Understand animal handling and safe working
- Undertake and review workrelated experience in the landbased industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the land-based sector
- Business management in the land-based sector
- The course will be assessed by a combination of practical work and assignments.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification.
- 300 hours work placement is an integral part of the programme.
- Students will also care for small animals in the College.
- Visits to settings of interest are arranged.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs Grade C or above, Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care or equivalent, subject to interview. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.
Higher Education, Higher National Diplomas or University to study Animal Management. Some students may choose to progress directly into employment from the course. The knowledge and skills gained equip the student well for this option.
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses