Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
A total of 180 credits are required to achieve a full award. Examples include:
- Understand and promote animal health
- Manage animal accommodation
- Understand animal anatomy and physiology
- Plan and monitor animal feeding
- Understand the principals of animal biology
- Understand animal handling and safe working
- Undertake and review workrelated experience in the landbased industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the land-based sector
- Business management in the land-based sector
- The course will be assessed by a combination of practical work and assignments.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification.
- 300 hours work placement is an integral part of the programme.
- Students will also care for small animals in the College.
- Visits to settings of interest are arranged.