Duration: 1 Year Part-time
Number of weeks: 34
Start date: 12th September 2017
End date: 12th June 2018
Time: 13:00 - 17:00
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2017/2018 Academic Year:
The main aspects of the course deal with:
• Working safely using the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy framework
• Work with difference and diversity
• Work with Self Awareness in the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy process
• Work with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy theory and skills in the therapeutic process
• Work reflectively as a Cognitive Behavioural therapist.
Full details on the course content, entry requirements, and assessment is available on the CPCAB site.
This course is designed for applicants who have completed a higher level qualification in Counselling of at least 450 hours and wish to extend their knowledge of working using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
The course involves a large amount of practical role plays. 90% attendance is a mandatory part of the course. As part of the course applicants will be expected to carry out client work where they can apply the theory of CBT to the counselling process. Group Supervision is also a requirement of the course.
Completion of a personal learning record, case studies, assignment, supervisors reports and feedback from tutor and peers.
Applicants must be over 19 years of age; it is strongly recommended that the applicant is over 25 years of age. All applicants should:
- Be practicing counsellors and have completed the CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling of their RPL equivalent
- Have completed a minimum of 100 hours post-qualification client work
- Have professional body accreditation or be working towards this
All applicants will be invited to an information session in May/June.