Creative Media (Web & App Development Pathway) - Level 4 HNC Certificate
Start Date: 16th September 2019
Course Code: C01796 CRF1A
- Higher Education
Duration: 1 year Full-time
Number of weeks: 34
Start date: 16th September 2019
End date: 19th June 2020
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2017/2018 Academic Year:
This exciting new higher education course is designed to upskill students in the interactive digital technology required by many organisations in the modern workplace. Typical students may be progressing from further education, reskilling for promotion opportunities within their existing company or seeking a career change into this rewarding vocational area. The course will be delivered by industry professionals who all specialise in the subjects they teach. You will study subjects including web design, animation, games design, application design and professional practice within the creative media industry. Learn how to make professional standard websites, eye catching 2D animations for web, design and build applications for desktop and mobile web, design interaction with focus on UI/UX, learn how to create digital games, effective self-promotion via social media. As well as classroom support, you will have access to interactive learning materials on the college’s digital learning environment (DLE). Assessment will be carried out via real and realistic projects and there will be no exams. If you want to join the expanding number of industry professionals that graduate from the college’s digital interactive media department, then apply now.
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Creative Media, Games Design, Animation or Computing/IT.
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent).
- Other related Level 3 qualifications.
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution.
- Related work experience.
- An international equivalent of the above.
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.