Duration: 3 Years Part-time
Number of weeks: 30
Start date: 20th September 2017
End date: 30th May 2018
Time: 09:00 - 21:00
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2017/2018 Academic Year:
• Engineering Mathematics
• Electrical Science 1 & 2
• Professional Studies
• Manufacturing Processes
• Electrical & Electronic Principles
• Industrial Robot Technology
• Energy & Maintenance Systems
• Electronic Systems
• Industrial Power & Machines
• Mechatronics (Analogue and Digital Electronics, Programming Techniques 1 & 2, Automation & Fluid Power)
• Work Based Learning
A Certificate of Higher Education in Engineering is available on successful completion of all Level 4 units.
Each module is assessed by using a range of assessment methods.
• A minimum of 120 UCAS tariff points comprising a pass grade in at least one STEM subject at Advanced GCE or AS GCE level. Candidates must have studied Maths or Physics to at least Level 3 along with relevant engineering industrial experience.
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (PPP) in an Engineering Programme and relevant engineering industrial experience.
• BTEC Level 3 Diploma (MP) in an Engineering Programme and relevant engineering industrial experience.
• A qualification or set of qualifications considered by the Course Team to be equivalent to one of the above.
• GCSE English Grade C or approved equivalent.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates from those achieving the highest grades.
Where applicants do not meet the necessary entry requirements, students may be offered to study the BTEC Level 3 Engineering course.Details of enhanced criteria will be provided at the February Course Information Sessions and at Interview Stage.
Students successfully completing the course will be suitable for full-time employment and/or progression to full-time and part-time degree in related disciplines. Foundation Degree students with appropriate grades will be eligible for exemption from the first year of related degree programmes at the University of Ulster.