Business with Digital Technology - Foundation Degree
Start Date: 17th September 2018
Course Code: C01494 NAF1A
- Higher Education
Duration: 2 years Full-time
Number of weeks: 33
Start date: 17th September 2018
End date: 12th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
£2500 Click here to view payment options available
The Foundation Degree in Business with Digital Technology is validated by Ulster University. It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of employers and recognises the need for strong IT skills for the growth of todays’ economy. A particular emphasis of this course is to prepare managers and business leaders to be able to manage and interpret information, communication and technology in business. This course is designed to produce talented business leaders with the skills and expertise to enable local businesses to compete and succeed in international markets. Students will be required to complete a total of eleven modules over the two/three year period:
• Developments in Marketing
• Introduction to Accounting
• Management within Organisations
• Business and the Economy
• Creative Web Development
• Online Business Information Systems
• International Business
• Managing People & Human Resources
• Work Based Learning (PPD, academic skills and research)
• Social Media and Creative Marketing
The College works with the NetinVet programme to provide students the opportunity to attend workshops with other Colleges in Europe as well as avail of international work placements. Students recently participated in a 10 day International Business Workshop in Rotterdam and France working on an enterprise project with studetns from other European Colleges. Four students have commenced a 2 month work placement in Valencia, Spain within companies that require interns with digital marketing skills. Our strong international links prepares students for work on a wider scale when they complete their stuides giving them that competitive edge when applying for employment.
The general aims of the Foundation Degree in Business with Digital Technology are to:
- Provide relevant information and learning activities that are directly related to current business management and IT issues.
- Encourage students to become qualified professionals who will critically evaluate and improve upon current business practice.
- Develop personal and people management skills so that students can identify and achieve their optimum career goals and become independent and proactive learners.
- Create opportunities for students to progress to employment in business and IT roles or to progress to other higher education courses.
Foundation Degrees require a significant period in work placement. This is evaluated and assessed by a research project based on a work place problem or improvement. This is a good opportunity for students to gain meaningful industrial experience and create opportunities for future employment.
Performance in all modules will be assessed by coursework, examinations and a research project.
To be eligible to apply for this programme, applicants must have:
(1) A suitable Level 3 qualification, for example a BTEC National Diploma or Certificate or a BTEC Extended Diploma , or suitable subjects at GCE A-level.
(2) Applicants should have a minimum of 72 UCAS points, but entry requirements may be enhanced depending on demand and other factors.
(3) Applicants must also have at least 4 GCSE grades at C or above to include Mathematics and English. (Essential Skills is acceptable only as an alternative to GCSE English)
Please Note If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
The Foundation Degree with Business and Digital Technology will allow progression to part time Ulster University BSc (Hons) in Business (also delivered at the Northern Regional College) and a number of full time BSc (Hons) in Business with Specialisms (pathways chosen will be dependent on bridging modules completed).