Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - Foundation Degree
Start Date: 16th September 2019
Course Code: C01974 FLF1A
- Higher Education
- Ballymena (Farm Lodge)
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Number of weeks: 30
Start date: 16th September 2019
End date: 29th May 2020
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2019/2020 Academic Year:
£2500 Click here to view payment options available
- Engineering Mathematics
- Mechanical Science
- Electrical Science 1
- CAD Techniques
- Professional Studies
- Automation & Fluid Power
- Manufacturing Processes
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Energy & Maintenance Sys’s
- Quality and Business Imporvement Techniques
- Work-based Learning
A Certificate of Higher Education in Engineering is available on successful completion of all Level 4 units.
Each module is assessed by using a range of assessment methods.
- A minimum of 64 UCAS tariff points comprising a pass grade in at least one STEM subject at Advanced GCE level. Candidates must have studied Maths or Physics to at least Level 3.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (MPP) in an Engineering Programme.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma (MM) in an Engineering Programme.
- Alternative qualifications as approved by the University as the validating body.
- GCSE English minimum Grade C or approved equivalent.
- GCSE Maths minimum Grade C or approved equivalent.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates from those achieving the highest grades.
Where applicants do not meet the necessary entry requirements, students may be directed to study an appropriate BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering.
Where applicants wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Please Note: If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Students successfully completing the course will be suitable for full-time employment and/or progression to full-time and part-time degree in related disciplines. Foundation Degree students with appropriate grades will be eligible for exemption from the first year of related degree programmes at the University of Ulster.
Ballymena (Farm Lodge)
Farm Lodge Buildings
028 2565 2871
William Watson Send Email