Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Number of weeks: 30
Start date: 17th September 2018
End date: 31st May 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
£2500 Click here to view payment options available
• Engineering Mathematics
• Mechanical Science
• Electrical Science 1
• CAD Techniques 1
• Professional Studies
• Electric Science 2
• Automation & Fluid Power
• Manufacturing Processes
•Electrical & Electronic Principles
• Industrial Robot Technology
• Energy & Maintenance Sys’s
• Electronic Systems
• CAD/CAM 2
• Work Based Learning
A Certificate of Higher Education in Engineering is available on successful completion of all Level 4 units.
Each module is assessed by using a range of assessment methods.
• A minimum of 160 UCAS tariff points comprising a pass grade in at least one STEM subject at Advanced GCE or AS GCE level. Candidates must have studied Maths or Physics to at least Level 3.
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (MPP) in an Engineering Programme.
• BTEC Level 3 Diploma (MM) in an Engineering Programme.
• A qualification or set of qualifications considered by the Course Team to be equivalent to one of the above.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates from those achieving the highest grades.
Where applicants do not meet the necessary entry requirements, students may be offered to study the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering.
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Please Note If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Students successfully completing the course will be suitable for full-time employment and/or progression to full-time and part-time degree in related disciplines. Foundation Degree students with appropriate grades will be eligible for exemption from the first year of related degree programmes at the University of Ulster.