Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Number of weeks: 31
Start date: 10th September 2018
End date: 24th May 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
£2500 Click here to view payment options available
- Study Skills & IT
- Practical Sports Skills
- Coaching Progress
- Nutrition for Weight Management and Sport
- Introduction to the Science of Movement.
Successful completion of 240 credits (120 at Level 5) gains the award Foundation Degree, Exercise & Fitness. Students will then have the opportunity to progress to the second year of an Honours Degree at Ulster University Jordanstown providing preset standards have been reached. The pathway is to the BSc in Sport and Exercise Science.
Course designed in collaboration with Ulster University Jordanstown Sports studies and sports science courses in order to allow direct progression.
Course work, Examination and work based learning.
- Minimum of 48 UCAS tariff points or equivalent.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- Applicants must satisfy the University's general entry requirements as set out in the prospectus or demonstrate their ability to undertake the course through the accrediation of prior experiential learning (APEL).
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Please Note If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Students will have the opportunity to apply to progress to the second year of an Honours Degree at University of Ulster Jordanstown providing preset standard (including GCSE Maths, Grade C or above) have been reached. Progress to other final year Honours Degree programmes at other HE providers is also possible. Suitable Honours Degree Programme include BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science and BSc (Hons) Sport Studies.