Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - Foundation Degree
Start Date: 18th September 2019
Course Code: C01974 FLD1A
- Higher Education
- Ballymena (Farm Lodge)
Duration: 3 Years Part-time
Number of weeks: 30
Start date: 18th September 2019
End date: 27th May 2020
Day: Wed Day Release
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2019/2020 Academic Year:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Mechanical Science
- Electrical Science 1
- CAD Techniques
- Professional Studies
- Automation & Fluid Power
- Manufacturing Processes
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Energy & Maintenance Systems
- Quality and Business Improvement Techniques
- Work-based Learning
A Certificate of Higher Education in Engineering is available on successful completion of all Level 4 units.
Each module is assessed by using a range of assessment methods.
Please note that due to campus redevelopment Ballymena and Coleraine courses may be relocated to alternative suitable locations.
- A minimum of 48 UCAS tariff points comprising a pass grade in at least one STEM subject at Advanced GCE level. Candidates must have studied Maths or Physics to at least Level 3 along with relevant engineering industrial experience.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (PPP) in an Engineering Programme and relevant engineering industrial experience.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma (MP) in an Engineering Programme and relevant engineering industrial experience.
- Alternative qualifications as approved by the University as the validating body.
- GCSE English minimum Grade C or approved equivalent.
- GCSE Maths minimum Grade C or approved equivalent.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates from those achieving the highest grades.
Where applicants wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Where applicants do not meet the necessary entry requirements, students may be directed to study an appropriate BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering.
Please Note: If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Students successfully completing the course will be suitable for full-time employment and/or progression to full-time and part-time degree in related disciplines. Foundation Degree students with appropriate grades will be eligible for exemption from the first year of related degree programmes at the University of Ulster.
Ballymena (Farm Lodge)
Farm Lodge Buildings
028 2565 2871
John McClintock Send Email