Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:£150 for a top up kit and £25 for a textbook (these are approximates)
- Health and Safety
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Cut women's hair to create a variety of looks
- Style and dress hair using a variety of techniques
- Colour hair to create a variety of looks
- Cut Men's hair to create a variety of looks
- Bridal hair
- Hair colour correction.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Additional training from colour companies may be given
- Industrial trips may be included both to enhance and compliment the mandatory units and to facilitate industrial requirements
- Salon experience is desirable
- Uniform and kit purchase is mandatory.
The summative assessments for the qualifications require the candidate to undertake:
- Practical tasks
- Knowledge and understanding Tasks/Assignments.
Applicants must have NVQ or VRQ Level 2 in Hairdressing or 3/5 years industrial experience. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the college of their application.