Duration: 3 Years Part-time
Number of weeks: 30
Start date: 17th September 2018
End date: 10th June 2019
Time: 19:00 - 21:30
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
•• Support for Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
• How to make learning possible through demonstrations and instructions
• How to identify and agree Motor Vehicle customer service needs
• Monitoring procedures to control risk to health and safety
• Diagnosing Motor Vehicle faults where no prescribed process or format is available
• Providing technical support and advice to colleagues in Motor Vehicle environments
• Liaising with vehicle product manufacturers and suppliers on technical matters
• Providing diagnostic equipment and technical information system support in Motor Vehicle environments
• Conducting diagnostic consultations with customers in Motor Vehicle environments
The Level 4 qualification is designed to progress the skills of Automotive Technicians, already competent at Level 3, to Master Technicians status, by developing their ability to determine solutions to a variety of unpredictable problems.
The Master Technicians role in the industry is to:
- Diagnose complex faults that normal diagnostic technique has been unable to solve.
- Liaise between all stakeholders in the complex repair process, i.e. customer, manufacturer or parts suppliers/manufacturers, other technicians and service reception.
- Provide personal and technical support to other technicians both within their organisation and/or dealer group.
8 Practical Methods; 5 Online Exams
Course UpdatePlease note that due to campus redevelopment Ballymena and Coleraine courses may be relocated to alternative suitable locations.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates from those achieving the highest grades.
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Please Note If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.