Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2017
End date: 8th June 2018
Information Event: Y
Our course offers a hands-on approach that balances theory with the practical experience of preparing and serving food including the following units:
- Introduction to the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Food Safety and Catering
- Health and Safety Awareness for Catering and Hospitality
- Introduction to Healthy Foods and Special Diets
- Introduction to Kitchen Equipment
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching, steaming, stewing, braising, baking, roasting, grilling and frying
- Regeneration of prepared foods
- Cold Food Preparation
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
To achieve Level 1 in Professional Cookery Diploma plus additional qualifications.
- Opportunity to achieve the CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Essential Skills in Communication, Application of Number and Keyskills IT
- Opportunity to gain valuable work experience in our realistic working kitchens and restaurants.
Assessment will be a combination of multiple choice, written assignments and practical tests. There are 2 practical synoptic tests at the end of the year each lasting 3 hours.