Performing Arts - Level 2
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C00776 NAF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
This course is designed for students with a keen interest in Performing Arts. We introduce students to wide range of skills, including:
- Devising Plays
- Performing Arts Production
- Working in the Performing Arts Industry
- Professional Development.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
On completion of the course, learners should:
- Know how to carry out planning requirements for a performing arts production
- Understand the planning and preparation process
- Understand the areas of business practise and job opportunities in the performing arts
- Be able to interpret and develop a role, taking part in scripted and devised performances.
- Be able to use vocal and movement skills.
Students will have the opportunity of working with external theatre companies in both a professional and workshop capacity. They will attend the theatre regularly and take part in local community projects. Students will develop their self confidence and improve interview and presentation skills.
Assessment will be both practical and written, with the practical taking the higher percentage. Students will be assessed individually, but are required to work as a team.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade D-E, or above, or other relevant qualifications. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.
- Successful candidates, on completion of the course, can gain a place on the new Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts starting in Newtownabbey in September 2015.
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses