Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2017
End date: 8th June 2018
Information Event: Y
This course is designed for students with a keen interest in Performing Arts. We introduce students to wide range of skills, including:
- Devising Plays
- Performing Arts Production
- Working in the Performing Arts Industry
- Professional Development.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
On completion of the course, learners should:
- Know how to carry out planning requirements for a performing arts production
- Understand the planning and preparation process
- Understand the areas of business practise and job opportunities in the performing arts
- Be able to interpret and develop a role, taking part in scripted and devised performances.
- Be able to use vocal and movement skills.
Students will have the opportunity of working with external theatre companies in both a professional and workshop capacity. They will attend the theatre regularly and take part in local community projects. Students will develop their self confidence and improve interview and presentation skills.
Assessment will be both practical and written, with the practical taking the higher percentage. Students will be assessed individually, but are required to work as a team.