Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
- Developing skills for employment in the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety in catering
- Nutritional and special diets in catering
- Kitchen operations, costs and menu planning
- Applying workplace skills
- Prepare and cook sauces, stocks, soups, fruit and vegetables, meat and offal, poultry, fish and shellfish, pasta and rice grains and egg dishes, desserts and puddings and bakery products
Candidates can receive a Certificate of Unit Credit (CUC) for each completed unit. If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Visits to Hotels and restaurants
- Guest speakers, e.g. professional chefs, hotel managers, Environmental Health Officers etc
- CIEH Level 2 Award in food safety
- Competition Work.
Assessment will be a combination of multiple choice, written assignments and practical tasks through out the year with two practical Synoptic tests in realistic work conditions i.e. within the time specified within the practical assessment, managing resources efficiently, working hygienically and safely at the end of the year.