Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
A total of 60 credits is required to achieve the full award. Units include:
- animal health and wellbeing,
- feeding and watering,
- work related experience in the land-based sector,
- safe working with and around animals,
- introduction to animal science,
- animal housing,
- animal behaviour and handling.
- 6 hours per week required in a suitable placement.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- 150 hours work placement is an integral part of the programme.
- Students also care for small animals in the College.
- Visits to settings of interest are arranged.
Assessment is through written assignment, practical tasks and a multiple choice test online. 2 hours per candidate for practical assessment. 4 tasks x 1/2 hour.
A standard of literacy and numeracy supported by a general equivalent to 4 GCSEs grade D-E or related work experience or other equivalent qualification. Students without the specified entry requirements but who have an interest and experience with animals may be considered for the programme. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.