Professional Cookery - Level 2
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C01568 BMF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety
- Maintain, handle and clean knives
- Prepare and cook sauces, soups, vegetables, meat and poultry, pasta and rice, cold and hot desserts, bread and dough products, pastry products, cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
Designed to be a natural progression from the Introduction to Professional Cookery Level 1 Diploma, the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery is aimed at those students wishing to take their studies to the next level, or those wishing to gain a qualification having worked out in the industry. It has more emphasis on practical work and significant time in the real Working Environment.
- The qualification has been designed with industry and professional associations and therefore meets the needs of those delivering and achieving the qualification.
- Guest speakers, e.g. professional chefs, hotel managers, Environmental Health Officers etc.
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Level 2 Award in food safety.
- Competition Work.
Assessments are competency based and delivered in the RWE (real working environment) with the combination of multiple choice papers throughout the year, within the time specified, managing resources efficiently, working hygienically and safely.
Level 1 Diploma in Professional Cookery (Introduction) or at least 3 Grade Cs at GCSE and an interview. A skills test may also be required. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses