Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Interview required: Y
£25 Student Amenities Fee paid at Registration Day
This course is both intensive and exciting allowing you as a student to develop your skills and knowledge of art and design related specialisms. Students will study a range of units which will include;
- Visual Recording
- Contextual Influences
- Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Ideas and Concepts
- Communication through Art and Design
- Application, Exploration and Realisation in Art and Design
- Graphic Design
- 3D Design
- Fine Art
- Design Craft
Eighteen units must be completed to gain the full award.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
To introduce students to a broad range of diagnostic skills in the area of Art and Design. This is a nationally recognised vocational qualification which can be used to assist students in gaining employment or as an entry qualification for study on to an advanced programme.
Opportunities to take part in live projects/competitions, visit museums, art galleries, practicing artists and designers studios, exhibitions and guest speakers.
All units are internally assessed and graded and the overall grade for the qualification is awarded at the end of the academic year. Eighteen units must be completed to gain a full award.
- Four GCSE passes grade C or above preferable an Art or Technology based subject; or
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Merit grade)
- Equivalent qualifications and relevant experience relating to Art and Design. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.