Performing Arts - Level 3
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C01072 NAF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
This is a practical course which has options in Dance, Drama, Music and Mime. Units include:
- Performing Arts Business
- Acting Auditions
- Performing to an Audience
- Physical Theatre
- Live Performance Workshop
- Dance Performance
- Deputy Stage Management
- Theatre for Children
- Music Performance Techniques
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Obtain a qualification equivalent to 3 A Levels.
- Learn about employment opportunities.
- Develop skills needed to start or progress in a career.
- Develop a range of personal skills and attitudes.
- Coursework is a major percentage of the overall assessment in the majority of units in year 1 and 2
- Students have the opportunity to improve their existing skills as well as learning new skills.
- All students take classes in all aspects of Performing Arts.
- Case studies, assignments and work-based assessments, along with projects, performance observation and time-constrained assessments.
- Assignments are designed using realistic scenarios which give students the opportunity to make maximum use of practical activities as part of their continuous assessment.
- Students are normally in at least one production every academic year, as well as being part of a touring company travelling with their Roadshow to local schools.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSE's at Grade C or above or other relevant qualifications. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses