Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2017
End date: 8th June 2018
Information Event: Y
This is a practical course which has options in Dance, Drama, Music and Mime. Units include:
- Performing Arts Business
- Acting Auditions
- Performing to an Audience
- Physical Theatre
- Live Performance Workshop
- Dance Performance
- Deputy Stage Management
- Theatre for Children
- Music Performance Techniques
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Obtain a qualification equivalent to 3 A Levels.
- Learn about employment opportunities.
- Develop skills needed to start or progress in a career.
- Develop a range of personal skills and attitudes.
- Coursework is a major percentage of the overall assessment in the majority of units in year 1 and 2
- Students have the opportunity to improve their existing skills as well as learning new skills.
- All students take classes in all aspects of Performing Arts.
- Case studies, assignments and work-based assessments, along with projects, performance observation and time-constrained assessments.
- Assignments are designed using realistic scenarios which give students the opportunity to make maximum use of practical activities as part of their continuous assessment.
- Students are normally in at least one production every academic year, as well as being part of a touring company travelling with their Roadshow to local schools.