Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
There are mandatory units and optional units completed on the Level 3 Diploma. Example of some of these include:
- Understand children and young person development
- Promote children and young person development
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Context and principles for early years provision
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English, you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- The qualification aims to increase the knowledge, skills and understanding of candidates to enable them to organise and implement quality provision for young children and support their families
- To encourage candidates to reflect on and develop their own practice.
An important aspect of the course is that students are able to apply theory to practice. To enable this to take place students will spend at least one day each week in a childcare setting working with young children aged 0-5 years.
Observation will be carried out in the workplace as part of the assessment process. Knowledge evidence will be assessed through work in College and portfolio work.
Applicants should have Level 2 or equivalent in Early Years Care and Education or CCLD or at least one year current full-time experience or two years part-time in Child Care. Applicants must also be able to satisfy ACCESS NI checks. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the College of their application.
Successful completion of the course may lead to employment in the field of childcare. Successful applicants can also apply for qualified Classroom Assistants posts or become self employed. Successful candidates may progress to an HNC/D in a related area, or Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Early Years.