Children’s Care, Learning and Development - Level 3
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C00068 BMF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
- The National Diploma in Children's Care Learning and Development is currently under review and may be replaced with a similar programme which will provide opportunities to progress to university or to help gain employment in the childcare sector
- Positive Relationships for Children's Care, Learning and Development
- Promoting Children's Development
- Reflecting on and Developing Practice for Children aged 0 - 8 years
- Safeguarding Children
- Promoting Children's Rights
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
This Level 3 course aims to prepare students to work competently and effectively with children (aged 0-16 years) and the children's families. They will get a recognised qualification which will improve their employment prospects in Childcare settings as a fully qualified practitioner and/or equip them with the required entrance criteria for access to Higher Education programmes.
Continual assessment, assessment of practice in the work placement.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above. Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Grade C in English and Maths or equivalent and satisfy ACCESS NI Assessment Methods and health checks. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the College of their application.
- Higher Education programmes such as Teaching, Nursing, Social work,Psychology etc.
- Employment as fully qualified classroom assistant, supervisor in day care nurseries, hospital play worker, positions in Surestart and other childcare organisations.
2 Coleraine Road
028 2766 0401
Pearl Dunlop Send Email
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses