Duration: 17 weeks Part-time
Number of weeks: 17
Start date: 30th January 2019
End date: 12th June 2019
Time: 14:00 - 21:00
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
This module covers:
- Principles of health and safety management
- Principles of health and safety law
- Criminal law
- Civil law
- Loss causation and incident investigation
- Measuring and reviewing health and safety performance
- Assessment and evaluation of risk
- Risk control
This course aims to provide personnel from a wide range of Industries with the necessary technical, managerial, analytical and personal skills to advise, develop and operate policies and procedures within organisational structures.
Holders of the following qualifications can do the course:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Safety and Health and
- GCSE Mathematics and English at Grade C or above or equivalent.
Originals of all certificates must be presented. All applicants will be subject to a successful initial interview.
The Level 6 Diploma provides the required academic entrance basis for acceptance to membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). This award is the industry standard professional level qualification.
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 13th August, as an application deadline will apply.