Beauty Therapy - Level 2
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C01831 MCF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
Beauty Kit £150 and Uniform £70 (both are compulsory)
- Working in beauty related industries
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote products and service to clients in a salon
- Salon reception duties
- Provide facial skincare
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- Apply make-up
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Industrial trips to spas and trade beauty shows may be included, both to enhance and compliment the mandatory units and to facilitate industrial requirements.
- Salon experience is desirable but not compulsory.
- Uniform and kit purchase is mandatory.
The summative assessments for the qualifications require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks, and
- Knowledge and understanding task(s)/Assignments and online testing
Applicants should have at least 2 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or other relevant qualifications. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the college of their application.
Employment or Level 3 VRQ in Beauty Therapy.
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses