Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
£150 for kit and £70 for uniform/tunic (these are approximates)
- Health and Safety
- Working in the Beauty Industry
- Client Care and Consultation
- Promotion and Selling
- Body Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Hot Stone Therapy
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Industrial trips to spas and trade beauty shows may be included both to enhance and compliment the mandatory units and to facilitate industrial requirements
- Salon experience is desirable but not compulsory
- Uniform and kit purchase is mandatory.
The summative assessments for the qualifications require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks
- Promotional events
- Knowledge and understanding of tasks/assignments
- Online testing
Applicants must have NVQ or VRQ Level 2 qualitication in Beauty Therapy. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the college of their application.