Beauty Therapy Techniques - Level 3
Start Date: 3rd September 2018
Course Code: C01832 BMF1A
- Further Education
Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Start date: 3rd September 2018
End date: 7th June 2019
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2018/2019 Academic Year:
£150 for kit and £70 for uniform/tunic (these are approximates)
- Working with colleagues within beauty related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Provide body massage
- Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Provide body electrotherapy treatments
- Provide electrical epilation
- Apply micro-dermabrasion techniques.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- Industrial trips to spas and trade beauty shows may be included both to enhance and compliment the mandatory units and to facilitate industrial requirements
- Salon experience is desirable but not compulsory
- Uniform and kit purchase is mandatory.
The summative assessments for the qualifications require the candidates to undertake:
- Practical tasks
- Promotional events
- Knowledge and understanding of tasks/assignments.
- Online testing
Applicants must have NVQ or VRQ Level 2 qualitication in Beauty Therapy. In cases where there are more applications for this course than there are places available, candidates with the requisite entry requirements, will be given preference according to the date of receipt by the college of their application.
- Cruise liners
- Higher National Diploma
- Level 3 Diploma in Nail Technology
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses