Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2017
End date: 28th June 2019
Day: Mon or Tue
Information Event: Y
The programme is delivered over an average of one day per week in college with a portfolio of evidence and onsite assessment to complete the competency based qualification.
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Computer Aided Design
- Setting Out Procedures
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
To provide apprentices with a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering which they can complete alongside their role within the industry with a progression route to degree and Chartered membership through the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
Internal assessment through the completion of assignments and portfolios
A minimum of 5 GCSEs of grade C or above, to include English and a minimum grade B in Mathematics or equivalent.
Suitable employment within the construction and civil engineering industry. Contact the college for a list of employers who are currently interested in recruiting apprentice Civil Engineers