How to Apply and Pay
APPLY IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
How to Apply for a Higher Education Course
Find the course you are applying to and select "Apply for this course now" to add to the basket.
- Create an account with a unique login using a personal email address and password (do not use your school email address). You must check this email account regularly for updates and communications about your application.
- Complete and submit youir application. You will receive an automatic reply by email.
- All applicants will be invited to attend an individual or group interview and may subsequently be made a conditional or unconditional offer. Attendance is compulsory.
- Conditional offers are subject to you meeting the specified entry requirements and any other criteria. In a small number of courses, enhanced criteria may be used in instances of over subscription to courses. Where this happens, enhanced criteria will be published in advance.
- If you have been issued with an offer (unconditional or conditional) you will be invited to the College to enrol at a specific time and date.
- If you have not met the conditions of your offer, you will be signposted to an alternative course. It is important you attend your appointment. If you no longer wish to take up your place at the College, you can withdraw your application at any time via the admissions portal.
HOW TO PAY FOR A HIGHER EDUCATION COURSE (FULL-TIME/PART-TIME)
Payment of fees must be arranged prior to course commencement. Fees indicated on this site apply only to UK residents and those having EEA Migrant Worker status (EU). Those who are not in these categories must contact Central Admissions for the appropriate fee. Fees are payable every year of a two or three year programme and may vary depending on the fee set for any particular year. All additional charges are highlighted within the course page information.
Full-Time Students Options for Payment of Fees for 2018/2019
The tuition fees for Northern Regional College Higher Education courses for 2018/2019 are £2,500 per annum. The options for payment of these fees are detailed below.
Option 1 – Payment by Student Loan
You may apply to Student Loans Company for a Tuition Fee Loan for payment of your fees. Application forms are available from reception on all sites or can be downloaded from the Student Finance website www.studentfinance.co.uk. It is advisable to apply as early as possible. The College requires a copy of the letter you receive from Student Loans Company confirming that you will be receiving a Tuition Fee Loan.
Option 2 – You do not require a Student Loan
a) Fees may be paid in full by cash, cheque or credit/debit card.
b) Fees may be paid in instalments by direct debit. This means that you will be required to pay a 25% deposit and then three subsequent payments will be collected from your bank account by direct debit on 3 December 2018, 2 January 2019 and 1 February 2019. Please note that there is an additional £10 administration fee charged when paying by instalments which must be paid with your deposit.
Please note that the fees refund policy does not apply to full-time higher education students. All students enrolled in the College as at 9 November 2018 are liable to pay their full fee.
Part-Time Students Payment of Fees
Fees may be paid by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card.
Fees may be collected using a direct debit payment plan arrangement, with all fees to be collected by 2 January 2019. The initial deposit payable at the time of enrolment is 25% of the course fee; three subsequent payments of the same amount will become due on 1 November 2018, 3 December 2018 and 2 January 2019. This arrangement will apply to both Home and Overseas students who have a valid UK bank account. Please note:
- The direct debit arrangement is only available for enrolments on or before the second week of the class
- A £10 administration fee is applicable to the direct debit arrangement. This must be paid in full at time of enrolment
- Default in any payment will result in enrolment on the course/programme of study becoming invalid.
Part-time HE students applying for funding may avail of the following enhanced arrangement:
- £75 deposit to be paid at time of enrolment and liability form and direct debit mandate to be signed.
- Confirmation of funding received must be submitted to the College. If application for funding is unsuccessful the student is liable for payment of fees in full. All fees to be collected by 3 April 2019.
Queries regarding Student Loans
Please contact: Student Finance
T: 028 2563 6230
Queries regarding payment by direct debit
Credit Control Officer
T: 028 2566 4248
For further information on what financial support is available to help you when studying for a Higher Education course, click here.
The College will make every endeavour to run courses and programmes which are advertised. All courses are, however, required to have a viable number of students in order to contribute to operating costs. In some circumstances, classes may be combined to achieve viability and in some cases the College regrets that classes may have to be cancelled due to lack of demand.
For any course cancelled by the College, a full refund of the total fee paid to date will be issued to the student, unless other exceptional circumstances prevail (eg. transfer of course). If you are unable to continue with your course for medical reasons, then a refund may be allowed. In this case medical evidence must be submitted alongside the refund form and a £10 admin fee may be charged.
Requests for refunds must be received in writing from the student on the designated refund form. Click here to download the refund form.
No form is required where the College cancels the programme.