How to Apply and Pay
APPLY IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
Applications are now OPEN for all Full-time Higher Education Courses starting Sept 2016
How to Apply for a Full-time Higher Education Course
Select "Apply for this course now" from either the course information page or appropriate section, for example 18+.
- Your application will be acknowledged immediately by an automated message.
- All applicants will be invited to atend an individual or group interview. It is compulsory to attend the interview. Interviews will take place from February 2016 up until 22 August 2016.
- If you Do Not Attend for an Interview you will be contacted by email or letter and requested to confirm if you are still interested in pursuing your application. If we receive no response, your application will be withdrawn.
- Any applicants interviewed between February 2016 and August 2016 may be given a Conditional Offer, subject to meeting entry requirements and any other enhanced criteria or Firm Offer.
- If your offer is dependent upon results, you must bring them in on A Level Results Day, 18 August 2016. Results will be verified and final offers made as appropriate.
- If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria. Details of enhanced criteria will be provided at Interview Stage.
- Please note that communication may be via email or letter. You must include a current email address and postal address as this will be our primary means of contacting you and a mobile number, if applicable, on the application form.
HOW TO PAY FOR A HIGHER EDUCATION COURSE (FULL-TIME/PART-TIME)
Payment of fees must be arranged prior to course commencement. Fees indicated on this site apply only to UK residents and those having EEA Migrant Worker status (EU). Those who are not in these categories must contact Central Admissions for the appropriate fee. Fees are payable every year of a two or three year programme and may vary depending on the fee set for any particular year. All additional charges are highlighted within the course page information.
Full-Time Students Options for Payment of Fees for 2016/2017
The tuition fees for Northern Regional College Higher Education courses for 2016/2017 are £2,545 per annum. The options for payment of these fees are detailed below.
Option 1 – Payment by Student Loan
You may apply to Student Loans Company for a Tuition Fee Loan for payment of your fees. Application forms are available from reception on all sites or can be downloaded from the Student Finance website www.studentfinance.co.uk. It is advisable to apply as early as possible. The College requires a copy of the letter you receive from Student Loans Company confirming that you will be receiving a Tuition Fee Loan.
Option 2 – You do not require a Student Loan
a) Fees may be paid in full by cash, cheque or credit/debit card.
b) Fees may be paid in instalments by direct debit. This means that you will be required to pay a 25% deposit and then three subsequent payments will be collected from your bank account by direct debit on 1 December 2016, 3 January 2017 and 1 February 2017. Please note that there is an additional £10 administration fee charged when paying by instalments which must be paid with your deposit.
Please note that the fees refund policy does not apply to full-time higher education students. All students enrolled in the College as at 1 November are liable to pay their full fee.
Part-Time Students Payment of Fees
Fees may be paid by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card.
Fees may be collected using a direct debit payment plan arrangement, with all fees to be collected by 1 February 2017. The initial deposit payable at the time of enrolment is 25% of the course fee; three subsequent payments of the same amount will become due on 1 November 2016, 1 December 2016 and 3 January 2017. This arrangement will apply to both Home and Overseas students who have a valid UK bank account. Please note:
- The direct debit arrangement is only available for enrolments on or before the second week of the class
- A £10 administration fee is applicable to the direct debit arrangement. This must be paid in full at time of enrolment
- Default in any payment will result in enrolment on the course/programme of study becoming invalid.
- Students who withdraw after 2 weeks are still liable for payment of their fee in full and therefore direct debit payments will be collected. This is in line with the Northern Regional College Refund Policy.
Part-time HE students applying for funding may avail of the following enhanced arrangement:
- £75 deposit to be paid at time of enrolment and liability form and direct debit mandate to be signed.
- Confirmation of funding received must be submitted to the College. If application for funding is unsuccessful the student is liable for payment of fees in full. All fees to be collected by 1st April 2017.
Queries regarding Student Loans
Please contact: Student Finance
T: 028 2563 6230
Queries regarding payment by direct debit
Credit Control Officer
T: 028 2566 4245
For further information on what financial support is available to help you when studying for a Higher Education course, click here.
The College will make every endeavour to run courses and programmes which are advertised. All courses are, however, required to have a viable number of students in order to contribute to operating costs. In some circumstances, classes may be combined to achieve viability and in some cases the College regrets that classes may have to be cancelled due to lack of demand.
1. All courses:
a) Course cancelled by Northern Regional College: Full refund of total fee paid to date
b) Student withdrawal before course start date: Full refund of total fee paid to date
2. Courses already commenced:
a) Student withdrawing within 2 weeks of their actual course start: Full refund of total fee paid to date less £10 administration fee (A refund request form must be received by the College on or before 14 days after the start date on the course.)
b) Student withdrawing after 2 weeks from their first attendance: No refund of tuition fee.
3. Student amenities fee of £25.00 per annum payable by all full-time FE students is non-refundable.
Examination Fee refunds are only available if the examination fee has not been forwarded to the Awarding Body.
Refund requests outside the above will be referred to the College Refunds Panel.
Requests for refunds must be received in writing from the student on the designated refund form. Click here to download the refund form. No form is required where the College cancels the programme.