Our Student ServicesTeam are here to support you in succeeding and achieving your full potential, by ensuring you have full access to the range of support functions that the College offers. These services are designed to support and help you at all stages of your progression through your programme. The support services we provide include:
The friendly and approachable staff are here to help and support you. Details about the range of services and contact details can be found within this section.
Safeguarding Policy Statement
The purpose of this policy statement is to highlight the key principles of the College's Safeguarding Policy. At the College we want to ensure that all students experience an inclusive, enjoyable and safe environment, in which they feel respected and valued.
The key principles of the College's Safeguarding Policy are:
- To seek to provide and promote a safe learning environment for all users;
- To ensure that all allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and treated in accordance with the College's procedures;
- To ensure policy and related procedures on Safeguarding reflect current legislation and best practice;
- To use best practice in its safe recruitment of staff by undertaking the appropriate pre-employment vetting checks, including enhanced disclosure checks through Access NI, and to ensure unsuitable individuals are not employed;
- To ensure that students who undertake work placement in Regulated Activity are also subject to enhanced disclosure checks through Access NI;
- To ensure best practice in relation to students who have declared a conviction for the abuse of a child, young person or a vulnerable adult;
- To support, resource and train those who work with, or come in contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults;
- To ensure procedures are in place for raising concerns, allegations or suspicions;
- To deal with all safeguarding matters confidentially and in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection legislation and codes of practice.
Designated Safeguarding Officers
M: 07920 832141
M: 07971 824334
Lisa Burns - Student Finance
Nicola Davidson - Careers
Emma Elliott - Education Support
Una O'Kane - Careers
Emma Porritt - Education Support
Sean McAleese - Training Office
Julie Hemphill - Careers
Leanne Murray Stewart - Education Support
Criminal Disclosure Process
The College has a duty of care to all its users to ensure their safety and wellbeing. In order to meet these responsibilities it is necessary for all students to declare any relevant convictions, cautions and warnings to enable the College to make a judgement on any particular risks.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar anyone from a place on a College course but a separate risk assessment or further checks may be required.