For the successful management of the
Project partnership and the completion of the programme, it is a requirement that a ‘Project Steering Group’ be set up.
The Project Steering Group is responsible for monitoring the implementation of the project. The Project Steering Group is chaired by senior members of each of the partner organisations on a rotational basis and reports to the Joint Technical Secretariat, (JTS). Its members include the Lead Partner, (NRC), Project partners and any other organisations or individuals deemed appropriate by the Lead Partner.
The Project Steering Group has the authority to delegate specific tasks or responsibilities to such sub-committees as it shall deem appropriate to establish.
The Project Steering Group Function:
Provide overall strategic direction and management for the project.
- Decide on training policy & delivery.
- Agree the project communication and evaluation plans and review implementation of same.
- Review financial performance.
- Receive and consider local reports from the local advisory groups and consider recommendations from these groups.
- Ensure that the project work is widely disseminated among other statutory agencies, industry and third level sector.
- Due to the distances involved, the Steering Group will have two formal meetings per year at rotating locations. If required, the Steering Group will meet via video conference technology.
- A local advisory group will be established in each region. It will have representatives from the project, local industry and relevant statutory agencies. Its purpose will be to advise the project locally on:-
- Relevant training initiatives for local industry.
- Advise on future strategy re industry development.
- Monitor & report on the effectiveness and quality of training and other services delivered.
- Disseminate the work of the project and its results to local audiences.
- Advise on any other issues relevant to the project.
- Act as a link between local industry and the Project Steering Group.
IT Sligo receives a Taoiseach’s Public Service Excellence Award
IT Sligo, was recognised of its role in increasing access to higher education for part-time and distance learners through online delivery.....full story
KITE Project wins the “Best in e-learning” category at the Digital Media Awards
IT Sligo has won a prestigious Satellite Broadband Ireland Digital Media Award.....full story
KITE project shortlisted for Digital Media Awards final
IT Sligo has been shortlisted as a finalist in the prestigious 2011 Satellite Broadband Ireland Digital Media Awards....full story
KITE Makes Innovation and Technology Available to Students and Businesses
The €3.2 million initiative was officially launched on 11 November at the NRC in Ballymena....full story
KITE DVD 2009-2012 – click here to view
Excellence in Manufacturing Engineering Booklet – click here to view
Winter Edition EU! Newsletter – click here to view
Next meeting of the KITE Steering Group is scheduled for Q4 2011. The final date is to be confirmed.