3D CAD Parametric Modelling (Using SolidWorks) - Level 2 (City & Guilds)
Start Date: 16th September 2020
Code: C01194 FLE1A
- Ballymena (Farm Lodge)
- Add course to shortlist
Duration: 1 Year Part-time
Number of weeks: 33
Start date: 16th September 2020
End date: 9th June 2021
Fee for 2020/2021 Academic Year:
The City & Guilds Level 2 series of competence-based courses are designed for those wishing to gain expertise in Solid Modelling Applications. This programme aims to enable candidates to design using SolidWorks with the application of "Design Intent". The emphasis is on 'learning by doing' with candidates completing a number of assignments to demonstrate understanding of the software. Previous experience in using AutoCAD or other CAD packages would be an advantage.
There are six learning outcomes to this unit:
- Use complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features
- Create and edit work features and use complex feature commands
- Create and modify simple table driven parts and assemblies
- Use motion and driven assembly constraints
- Add additional information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent
- Create presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies.
Calling All SMEs
If you have less than 250 employees you may be eligible for funding for this course. Contact our Business Engagement Team.