3D Computer Aided Design Parametric Modelling - Level 2 Award (City and Guilds)
Start Date: 20th September 2023
- Add course to basket
- Apply Now
Duration: 1 Year Part-time
Number of weeks: 33
Start date: 20th September 2023
End date: 12th June 2024
Course fees for each year.
|Year 1||Total Fee|
Find out more about eligibility for reduced course fees, payment options and financial support available in our fees and funding page.
The City & Guilds Level 2 series of competence-based courses are designed for those wishing to gain expertise in Solid Modelling Applications. This programme aims to enable candidates to design using SolidWorks with the application of "Design Intent". The emphasis is on 'learning by doing' with candidates completing a number of assignments to demonstrate understanding of the software.
Previous experience in using AutoCAD or other CAD packages would be an advantage.
There are six learning outcomes to this unit:
- Use complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features
- Create and edit work features and use complex feature commands
- Create and modify simple table driven parts and assemblies
- Use motion and driven assembly constraints
- Add additional information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent
- Create presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies
Please note that due to ongoing major campus construction projects courses at Ballymena, Coleraine and Ballymoney may be relocated to alternative suitable locations as required.
028 2565 2871
Admissions Send email