Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) - Level 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
- Further Education
- Add course to shortlist
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 2nd September 2021
End date: 9th June 2023
Information Event: Y
To help in the study of this programme, students in the first year will undertake study of 9 units. Six of these count towards a Subsidiary Diploma which could be banked after the first year. However, for a student wishing to progress to complete the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma, it is imperative to have a pass in all 9 of the Year 1 units with a view to completing 17 units in total over the two years. It is possible for a student, in the second year to apply for a Diploma Certification (11 units in total), but this would only be done at the end of Year 2 when the final Exam Board Assessments are compiled.
The Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma is made up of 6 core units and 11 specialist units. Core units are:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project (Year 2)
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
Specialist units are offered to students e.g.
- Further Mathematics for Engineering (which is included specifically for those students wishing to progress to higher education)
- Business Operations in Engineering
Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering Electrical Technology Fabrication Process and Technology
- Selecting and Using PLCs
- Setting and proving Secondary processing machines
- Microprocessor systems and applications
- Industrial Robot Technology
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits.
Throughout both years of study the students undertake practical workshop activities to enhance the theoretical studies undertaken.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
The Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering contains a number of core units with others added to develop a twin stream of Mechanical and Electrical engineering skills, enabling students to progress along either route in Higher Education. This Diploma introduces the learner to the subject knowledge required for a range of technical and professional occupations within engineering.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and one other STEM subject.
A Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate or Diploma in Engineering with Merit grade in Maths for Engineering and satisfactory performance in any externally examined units will be considered.
In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to select candidates by enhancing the criteria to consider higher grades or achievement in STEM subjects.
- Degree Courses in Engineering
- HND or Foundation Degree (full-time)
- Higher Level Apprenticeship (with Foundation Degree studies)
- Employment (Higher Education Studies studies)
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses