Barbering - Apprenticeship Level 2
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Code: C01870 BMF1A
- Further Education
- Course Information
- We are currently not accepting applications for this course.
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 1st September 2020
End date: 27th August 2022
Information Event: Y
What is an Apprenticeship?
As an apprenticeship you are employed as full-time members of staff and typically work for an employer four days a week. One day a week is spent at college, studying for nationally-recognised qualifications in the same profession as the apprenticeship.
- You must find your own employer
- Some employers may requir GCSEs on entry
- It might be possible to do an apprenticeship with a current employer
- You work all year round, but your College classes run from September to July
- Employers pay for the day the apprentice is in college, meaning you will receive a full-time wage at least in accordance with the national minimum wage
Details and restrictions
- Apprentices must be aged 16 or above. Restrictions apply for those over 25.
- Employers must be based in Northern Ireland
- ApprenticeshipNI 2017 part-funded through the Northern Ireland European Social Fund (ESF) and the Department for the Economy (DfE)
An apprenticeship in Barbering combines the practical hands-on experience of the workplace with the knowledge and understanding and practical skills gained in the college classroom and salon.
What will I gain?
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Barbering.
- Good practical skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- City & Guilds Essential Skills in Numeracy, Literacy & ICT (If applicable) City & Guilds Employability Award City & Guilds Personal & Social Skills Award
- Access to the Digital Learning Environment (DLE)
You will be allocated a personal tutor to help you throughout the course. The College also offers learning support and guidance.
Continuous assessment throughout the course and online portfolio building.
- You must be in paid employment at least 21 hours per week including college day release.
- You must be aged 16–24.
- Apply online and attend an information session.
- Take part in an aptitude test (if applicable).
Following successful completion of the Level 2 ApprenticeshipsNI you may be able to progress to an ApprenticeshipsNI Level 3 or employment in the field you have studied in.
028 2766 0401
Rosemary Finlay Send email
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses