Brickwork - Traineeship Level 2
Start Date: 4th September 2023
- Further Education
- Course Information
- We are currently not accepting applications for this course.
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2023
End date: 6th June 2025
Attendance at an information session is required.
Course fee: FREE (Eligibility criteria may apply)
The NI Traineeship provides a high-quality vocational education and training programme for those who aspire to work within a specific sector. If you are employed or will have an employer in place for when you are due to start the programme you may be ready to join the apprenticeship programme.
Full details of both programmes are available below:
Brickwork will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge designed to prepare you for entry into the trowel trades and the construction industry.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out bricklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
Meet the Apprentice
Jack shares his experiences on what it is like to work, earn and learn with an apprenticeship.
Please note that due to ongoing major campus construction projects courses at Ballymena, Coleraine and Ballymoney may be relocated to alternative suitable locations as required.
- Have a minimum of a Level 1 qualification defined as 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including Maths grade D and English grade E or equivalent.
- Attend an information session.
If you do not meet the entry requirement you may be able to join the Traineeship programme on an introductory phase. Full details will be provided at the information session.
In the event of oversubscription, the College reserves the right to apply enhanced criteria. See our Traineeship page for more information on enhanced entry criteria and the introductory phase.
On completion of the Traineeship, you can progress to a Level 3 further education course or a Level 3 Apprenticeship (possibly with your work placement employer). This can lead you to Higher Education options.
028 2565 2871
All full-time students at Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST complete Essential Skills; this will form a compulsory part of your timetable. If you are planning to go on to further study (for example university), please check if a GCSE qualification (rather than Essential Skills Level 2 equivalent) is required. For those who have a GCSE grade D in Maths or English, we offer a GCSE fast-track course.Show Essential Skills courses