Children's Care, Learning and Development (Leadership and Management Pathway) - Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA)
Start Date: 13th September 2022
- Higher Education
- Course Information
- We are currently not accepting applications for this course. Applications for 2023/24 will open in January 2023.
Duration: 2 Years Part-time
Start date: 13th September 2022
End date: 6th June 2024
The course content, delivery and assessment will be tailored to meet the needs of both the busy student and the children’s care, learning and development employer. The College will provide blended learning (a mix of face to face and online) designed to provide a thorough understanding of the key requirements of the role and qualification.
An occupationally competent assessor will also provide support and feedback crafted to match the development needs of the student.
The course is designed to recognise the current knowledge, skills and experience of the student and to support development needs.
Students will be required to attend a mandatory pre-course information session.
The Level 5 Diploma is designed for busy senior practitioners in a leadership or management role within childcare settings or for those practitioners who may have the opportunity or ambition to be appointed into a senior role.
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership is a work-based qualification. Consequently, students will be assessed by direct observation in the workplace and by the creation of an online portfolio of evidence.
- be employed or be about to take up paid employment as an apprentice, or be an existing employee moving to a new job role, with a Northern Ireland based company.
- work a minimum of 21 hours per week (which includes time for ‘off-the-job’ training).
- have attained 3 A levels or a Level 3 qualification in Child Care or equivalent.
- have GCSE English and Mathematics grade C or above or equivalent.
- be age 19 or over.
Students who have completed the Level 5 Diploma can progress onto a Foundation Degree (offered with Stranmillis College, Queen's University Belfast) or to the top up Early childhood degree with the University of Doncaster.
028 9085 5000
Admissions Send email