Engineering - Traineeship - Level 2
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
- Further Education
- Course Information
- We are currently not accepting applications for this course. To make an enquiry or register your interest please email the course contact below. Applications for 2022/23 will open in January 2022.
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 2nd September 2021
End date: 23rd June 2023
Information Event: Y
Engineering is offered at Level 2 under the Traineeship programme. The Traineeship provides a high-quality vocational education and training programme those who aspire to work within a specific sector. Full details are avaiable on the Traineeship page
The engineering course is designed to meet industry standards and provides a good grounding for you to go out into the workplace.
- Applied electrical and mechanical science for engineering
- Engineering Maintenance Procedures
- Preparing and Controlling Engineering
- Manufacturing Operations
- Electronic Devices and Communication
- Engineering Assembly Methods and Techniques
- Selecting and Using Secondary Machining
- Techniques to Remove Material
- Application of Welding Processes
- Fabrication techniques and sheet metal work
- Electronic Circuit Construction
- MMA Welding
You must have:
- A minimum of a Level 1 qualification defined as 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including Maths and English grades D-F or equivalent.
Please note that there may be higher entrance requirements in a small number of occupational areas.
If you do not meet the higher entry requirement you can join the Traineeship programme on an introductory phase. Full details will be provided at the information session.
See our Traineeship page for more information on enhanced entry criteria and the introductory phase.
On completion of the Traineeship, you can progress to a Level 3 further education course or a Level 3 Apprenticeship (possibly with your work placement employer). This can lead you to Higher Education options.
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses