Engineering - Traineeship Level 2
Start Date: 4th September 2023
- Further Education
- Add course to basket
- Apply Now
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 4th September 2023
End date: 6th June 2025
Attendance at an information session is required.
Course fee: FREE (Eligibility criteria may apply)
The NI Traineeship provides a high-quality vocational education and training programme those who aspire to work within a specific sector. If you are employed or will have an employer in place for when you are due to start the programme you may be ready to join the apprenticeship programme.
Full details of both programmes are available below:
The engineering course is designed to meet industry standards and provides a good grounding for you to go out into the workplace.
- Applied electrical and mechanical science for engineering
- Engineering Maintenance Procedures
- Preparing and Controlling Engineering
- Manufacturing Operations
- Electronic Devices and Communication
- Engineering Assembly Methods and Techniques
- Selecting and Using Secondary Machining
- Techniques to Remove Material
- Application of Welding Processes
- Fabrication techniques and sheet metal work
- Electronic Circuit Construction
- MMA Welding
Please note from September 2024, all courses are planned to move to the new Coleraine campus.
- Have a minimum of a Level 1 qualification defined as 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including Maths grade D and English grade E or equivalent.
- Attend an information session.
If you do not meet the entry requirement you may be able to join the Traineeship programme on an introductory phase. Full details will be provided at the information session.
In the event of oversubscription, the College reserves the right to apply enhanced criteria. See our Traineeship page for more information on enhanced entry criteria and the introductory phase.
On completion of the Traineeship, you can progress to a Level 3 further education course or a Level 3 Apprenticeship (possibly with your work placement employer). This can lead you to Higher Education options.
028 7035 4717
Admissions Send email
This course is also available in other NRC campuses.
All full-time students at Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and ICT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST complete Essential Skills; this will form a compulsory part of your timetable. If you are planning to go on to further study (for example university), please check if a GCSE qualification (rather than Essential Skills Level 2 equivalent) is required. For those who have a GCSE grade D in Maths or English, we offer a GCSE fast-track course.Show Essential Skills courses