Food and Beverage Service - Apprenticeship Level 2
Start Date: 2nd September 2019
Code: A00049 TAF1A
- Further Education
- Ballymena (Trostan Avenue)
- Course Information
- Applications for September 2020 onward will open in January 2020. For further information contact any campus reception.
Duration: 1 Year Full-time
Number of weeks: 36
Start date: 2nd September 2019
End date: 19th June 2020
Northern Regional College and Galgorm Resort and Spa have teamed up to offer paid Apprenticeships in the hospitality industry. Places are available on two exciting new apprenticeship programmes - Professional Cookery and Food & Beverage Service - offering a golden ticket to fast track employment and a rewarding career in the hospitality industry for people with the right personality and commitment to succeed. You will get an opportunity to ‘earn while you learn’ in the award-winning Galgorm Resort and Spa, one of Northern Ireland’s Northern Ireland's premier luxury Hotels.
You will spend three days in Galgorm’s award-winning bars and restaurants, where you will develop top class customer service skills and will be taught the importance of communication, teamwork, safety, and hygiene during food and drink delivery. We will build your knowledge, competency, and confidence in our award-winning bars & restaurants. The most important part of the role is developing fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills and knowledge such as recognising customer needs, knowing how to match them to the products and services of the business and working as part of a team to ensure that every customer whether they are eating in a restaurant, drinking cocktails in a bar, ordering room service in a hotel or attending a business conference, feels welcomed and looked after. This will be reinforced during your two days in College.
This course is the ideal qualification for anyone who works or wants to work in the hospitality and catering industry and will help you to obtain work in a variety of roles including:
- Catering/Restaurant manager
- Fast food service assistant
- Bar Manager
- Food safety
- Effective teamwork
- Investigate the Catering & Hospitality Industry
- Food & beverage service skills
What will I gain?
- Technical Award and or Level 2 in Food and Beverage Service
- Good practical skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- City & Guilds Essential Skills in Numeracy, Literacy & ICT (if applicable), City & Guilds Employability Award, City & Guilds Personal & Social Skills Award
- Access to the Digital Learning Environment (DLE)
- Visits to Hotels and restaurants
- Guest speakers, e.g. professional chefs, hotel managers, Environmental Health Officers etc.
- CIEH Level 2 Award in food safety
- Competition Work.
- You will be allocated a personal tutor to help you throughout the course. The Col-lege also offers learning support and guidance.
- You must have attained the minimum school leaving age of 16 (up to 22 yrs for those who require additional support and 24 yrs for those in care).
- Apply online and attend an information session.
- Take part in an aptitude test (if applicable).
Upon successful completion you may be able to progress to employment in the following areas:
- Cocktail Mixologist
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Restaurant/Bar Manager
Ballymena (Trostan Avenue)
Trostan Avenue Building
028 2563 6221
Anne Birt-Macartney Send Email
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses