Manufacturing Academy (5 Week Fully Funded)
Start Date: October 2022
- For Business
Duration: 5 Weeks Full-time
Number of weeks: 5
Start date: October 2022
Fee for 2022/2023 Academic Year:
In partnership with Mid and East Antrim Manufacturing Task force, we are offering a five-week fully-funded manufacturing training programme. Funded by the Gallaher Trust, this programme is designed to re-invigorate the manufacturing sector in Ballymena and deliver pre-employment training to help people secure employment in the sector.
You will be taught by industry experts and introduced to a range of manufacturing processes, standard operating and assembly procedures. During the five-week programme you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to the manufacturing sector such as:
- Working to set specifications
- Carrying out quality checks
- Correct use of tools and machinery
- Fundamentals of computer-controlled equipment
- Health and safety regulations
- Inspection and quality assurance principles
- LEAN manufacturing techniques
Other ‘softer’ skills you will acquire include communication, team working, interview skills and CV building to help you enhance your job prospects.
- A weekly training allowance of up to £60 and daily food and travel allowance.
- Guaranteed job interview leading to potential employment.
- College certificate.
- Links to further training programmes.
- You must be 18 years of age or over and live in the wider Ballymena area.
- You do not require any qualifications to be eligible for a place on this course.
028 2565 2871
Business Engagement Send email
To register your interest in this course please complete the registration form.