Sports Coaching and Development - Level 3 (optional Irish FA/GAA specialism)
Start Date: 2nd September 2021
- Further Education
- Add course to shortlist
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 2nd September 2021
End date: 2nd June 2023
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2021/2022 Academic Year:
£125 Irish FA Registration Fee and Kit (cost to be confirmed)
In addition to completing the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport you have the option to acquire the following Irish FA qualifications and/or specialise in the GAA Academy. Irish FA qualifications include
- Futsal Introductory Award
- Grassroots Introductory Award
- Football Fundamentals
- Level 1 Coaching Award
- Futsal Referee Award
- Futsal Level 1
- Full Referee Award
- Football for All Workshop
- OCN Level 2 in Football Business
- IFA Roles Volunteers and Staff
- Show Racism the Red Card
- Coaching Disabled Footballers
GAA modules include:
- Foundation Football, Hurling and Camogie Handball
- Award 1 Football, Hurling and Camogie
- Safeguarding Children in Sport
- Referees Course
- Performance Analysis
- Event Management
- Concussion Awareness
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade C or above in Maths and/or English you will be required to complete the relevant Essential Skills qualification. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
- To provide the necessary knowledge and skills to gain employment in the wide variety of Sports Careers.
- To investigate also the breadth of the Sports Industry, from Health and Fitness; Coaching Teaching and Instruction; Sports Therapy; Health Promotion; Sports Development; Countryside Recreation and Outdoor Pursuits.
- To establish a basis, through appropriate achievement, for continuing education and career development. A Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma is a practical workrelated course. You learn by completing projects and assignments which are based on realistic workplace activities and demands.
Recognised coaching qualifications in a variety of sporting disciplines. Visits, guest speakers and involvement in local Sports Development Projects. Team building residentials.
Continuous Assessment through assignments and practical activities.
Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or other relevant qualifications, or appropriate work experience. In circumstances where there are more applications for the course than there are places available, the College reserves the right to ask for higher grades.
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diplomas are valued by employers and higher education (Universities and colleges). If you want to get a job straight away you could work in:
Outdoor Activities Centres
If you decide to go to university or college you could take a degree or a BTEC Higher National in subjects such as:
028 7963 2462
Bronagh O'Neill Send email
All full-time students at the Northern Regional College have the opportunity to improve their English, Maths and IT skills and gain qualifications. The qualification you take will depend on the qualification you already have. If you do not have a grade C or above in GCSE English, Maths or ICT, you MUST do Essential Skills. This will form a compulsory part of your timetable.Show Essential Skills courses