Sports Science, Coaching and Fitness - Foundation Degree
Start Date: 13th September 2021
- Higher Education
- Course Information
- We are currently not accepting applications for this course. To make an enquiry or register your interest please email the course contact below. Applications for 2022/23 will open in January 2022.
Duration: 2 Years Full-time
Start date: 13th September 2021
End date: 19th May 2023
Information Event: Y
Fee for 2021/2022 Academic Year:
£2500 - View available payment options.
- Study Skills & IT
- Practical Sports Skills
- Coaching Progress
- Nutrition for Weight Management and Sport
- Introduction to the Science of Movement.
This course will entail completing an AccessNI.
Get an insider view from our students about what is covered within this course as well as the career opportunities.
Successful completion of 240 credits (120 at Level 5) gains the award Foundation Degree, Exercise & Fitness. Students will then have the opportunity to progress to the second year of an Honours Degree at Ulster University Jordanstown providing preset standards have been reached. The pathway is to the BSc in Sport and Exercise Science.
Course designed in collaboration with Ulster University Jordanstown Sports studies and sports science courses in order to allow direct progression.
Course work, Examination and work based learning.
Ulster University validated programmes Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Minimum of 48 UCAS tariff points or equivalent.
- GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- Applicants must satisfy the University's general entry requirements as set out in the prospectus or demonstrate their ability to undertake the course through the accrediation of prior experiential learning (APEL).
Where mature students wish to have prior education and/or experience taken into account, in lieu of meeting the full course entry requirements, they should contact the relevant Course Director by 10th August, as an application deadline will apply.
Please Note If a course is over-subscribed the college reserves the right to enhance the entry criteria.
Students will have the opportunity to apply to progress to the second year of an Honours Degree at University of Ulster Jordanstown providing preset standard (including GCSE Maths, Grade C or above) have been reached. Progress to other final year Honours Degree programmes at other HE providers is also possible. Suitable Honours Degree Programme include BSc (Hons) Sport & Exercise Science and BSc (Hons) Sport Studies.
028 7035 4717
Damian McCarry Send email