At Northern Regional College we work closely with Department for the Economy, local councils and employers to deliver pre-employment training programmes to support and develop Northern Ireland’s economy.
Get ‘Work-Ready’ with the Manufacturing Excellence Academy
In partnership with Mid and East Antrim Manufacturing Task force, we are offering a five-week fully funded manufacturing training programme starting in November 2021. Funded by the Gallaher Trust, this programme is designed to re-invigorate the manufacturing sector in Ballymena and deliver pre-employment training to help people secure employment in the sector.
Taught by industry experts, participants will be introduced to a range of manufacturing processes, standard operating procedures, quality control and lean techniques and will have the opportunity to develop ‘softer skills’ such as communication, team working, interview skills and CV building to enhance their job prospects.
Benefits for YOU
- ‘Earn while you learn’ – £150 weekly training allowance
- Guaranteed job interview with a local employer
- College certificate
- Links to further training programmes
- Potential employment
Benefits for EMPLOYERS
- Access to new pre-trained employees who fully understand the core principles required to succeed in today’s manufacturing sector
- Links to Jobstart Scheme if new employees aged 18-24
- Involvement in developing training at industry standards
Participants must be 18 years of age or over and live in the wider Ballymena area.
How to Apply
Submit an online application. Closing date for applications is 1 October 2021.