Home / Corporate / Strategic Plan
Ken Nelson, Chair of Northern Regional College Governing Body shares what we, as a College, are going to deliver for learners and the community over the next three years and why our strategic plan matters to us all.
"To be the FE College of choice, providing lifelong learning opportunities for all, through innovative, high-quality education and skills training, supporting the Northern Ireland economy to be globally competitive."
- To provide an agile, responsive, sustainable curriculum aligned to the 10X Strategy and local business and community needs.
- To equip learners with the skills to make positive impact in the workforce and wider community.
- To improve academic standards and associated learner outcomes.
- To provide learners with an enriching experience during their studies with the College.
- To attract, recruit, develop and retain highly skilled, motivated and professional talent.
- To embed an open, transparent, high performing culture demonstrated through independent evidence.
- To provide facilities that support delivery of our refreshed curriculum and achieve environmental sustainability.
- To provide value for money and effective governance in delivery of our services.
- Through horizon scanning, to proactively identify emerging skills and requirements and partnership opportunities.
- To be an integral and first choice partner in local community planning and skills development.
- To maximise opportunities to secure income from alternative funding streams.
- To develop an instantly recognisable brand that enhances the College's reputation.