Congratulations on your recent success!
The details of the event are as follows;
Wednesday 13 Dec 2023
Tullyglass House Hotel, Ballymena
Graduation is an extremely important occasion in your academic career. It is the culmination of all your hard work during your time at Northern Regional College. To ensure that your Graduation day is a happy memory for many years to come, we have compiled some important information for you to note in advance of the day. Below is snapshot of last years event.
Registration for Graduation is open . Invitations have been sent to all eligible students and registration should be completed via the Eventbrite platform.
Graduation ticket: £45.00
Price of Ticket includes:
- Attendance at the Graduation ceremony
- Hire of your graduation gown/hood
- Light refreshments
Guest ticket: £20.00 per guest (depending on numbers extra guest tickets may be available after the closing date.) Unders 12s do not require a ticket.
You should print or have an electronic copy of both your and your guest(s) Eventbrite tickets to present and gain entry to the Graduation Ceremony.
Graduation Ceremony (Morning)
Wednesday 13 December 2023, 10.00 am (Please arrive at least 45 mins beforehand)
- 10.00am Welcome by Governing Body member
- 10.05am Mel Higgins Principal & Chief Executive
- 10.15am Guest Speaker
- 10.30am Presentation of Certificates and Awards
- 10.40am Address by representative of the class of 2023
- 11.00am Light Refreshments
Graduation Ceremony (Afternoon)
Wednesday 13 December 2023, 2.00pm (Please arrive at least 45 mins beforehand)
- 2.00pm Welcome by Governing Body member
- 2.05pm Mel Higgins Principal & Chief Executive
- 2.15pm Guest Speaker
- 2.30pm Presentation of Certificates and Awards
- 2.40pm Address by representative of the class of 2023
- 3.00pm Light Refreshments
Registration on the day
You can register for your ceremony 1 hour before the start time. A dedicated registration area will be set up within the main entrance to the Clocktower Suite in the Tullyglass House Hotel.
After you have registered, staff will direct you to collect your gown, hood and mortar board. You should leave AT LEAST 45 MINUTES before the start of the ceremony to do this. All gowns, hoods and mortar boards must be returned to staff before you leave the venue.
Having secured your gown you should then proceed to the photography area (if you wish to have professional photographs taken). Staff will then direct you to your seat. It is essential for the correct operation of the ceremony that you remain in the seat allocated to you by staff.
Guests will be directed to allocated guest seating areas. Please ensure your guests are seated 15 minutes before the ceremony is due to start.
Please note, you will be separated from your guests before the ceremony as all graduands will be involved in gowning/photographs and rehearsals.
The College does not state a particular dress code for under your gown but as Graduation is a ceremonial occasion, you should dress appropriately for this.
You will receive your certificate from your Awarding Body at the ceremony unless you have previously collected this from the College. Please note this will not be presented on stage and can be collected from a dedicated collection point at the venue.
Your graduation day is a big celebration for you, your friends and family. To honour the occasion a professional photography company have been appointed as the official photographer to capture the moment and provide beautifully presented photography for you to treasure. To enable you to spend more time with your loved ones on your graduation day studios are open two hours before each ceremony. Further details about photography services will be sent with your booking information.
You do not need your certificate for your photograph as a prop will be provided. When you arrive on the day you will be directed to the photography booking stand and then you should make your way directly to the gowning area. Staff will be on hand to assist. If you require a photograph with a family member, they may accompany you but afterwards they should make their way back to the catering area as all graduands will be involved in rehearsals.
The College will also have their own official photographer taking photos throughout the day for press and marketing materials. These will be made available for download after the event via a link on the College’s Facebook page.
You and your guests are very welcome to take photos during the Graduation Ceremony and if you are posting on social media please use the hashtag #NRCGRAD23.
Health and Safety
Our priority is the health, safety and well-being of our graduands, guests and staff. To keep everyone safe, please follow the guidelines below:
- You must register for the graduation.
- Follow the safety measures outlined within Tullyglass House Hotel.
- Any update to these regulations will be communicated in advance.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility for Graduation 2023 is subject to successful completion of your programme of study and full payment of any associated fees.
- If either condition is not met you will not be permitted to attend and a full refund will be granted where applicable.
- If you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you leave a daytime contact telephone number we will return your call.