Northern Regional College libraries provide a range of services to help you during your time here. With a library on each campus we can provide our students and staff with a wide range of resources covering all subject areas. The libraries hold a wide range of books, journals, audio-visual equipment and resources appropriate to the courses taught at each campus. All students and staff will have access to our online library catalogue, known as i-Discover, and all of our electronic resource subscriptions such as e-books, e-journals and other subject related online content. Access is available to all students and staff online 24/7 from outside the College.
You may use the services available in any of our campus libraries and borrow resources using your Student ID Card. Our aim is to widen your horizons and expand your interests. We will support you with your research needs and provide assistant in sourcing suitable resources. The libraries aim to provide students with necessary digital information literacy skills to help prepare you for your next journey i.e. progression onto University or to succeed in your chosen field of work. Our experienced and friendly staff are here to help.
You may also use Northern Regional College’s Virtual Learning Environment online 24/7 from outside the campus to access our wide range of e-books, journals and subject databases. NRC LibGuides provides students and staff with everything they need to know about the library.
Key Library Services include:
- Wi-Fi throughout each library.
- Computer facilities on each campus with installed software specific to a wide range of courses.
- Library inductions for all first year students.
- i-Discover (Online Library catalogue) - use i-Discover to search the library Collection, both print and online, using a single search. Find books, e-books, academic e-journals, magazines, reports, research starters, videos, open access content and much more.
- Curriculum workshops - these are offered throughout the academic year to support learning, enhance your digital information literacy skills tailored to your specific course needs as well as supporting you with necessary ICT skills.
- Inter-Library Loan service - the libraries offer an inter-library loan service so that our users do not have to travel to another campus library. Upon request your local campus library can retrieve resources for staff and students from any of our six libraries.
- Self-service reprographics facilities - each library has printing and photocopying facilities available.
- Stationery - all six campus libraries sell a range of stationery.
- Binding and Laminating - this service is available to students upon request. Please note for heavy bound items waiting times for completion may vary.
Throughout the year the library hosts a range of events such as our annual Reading Challenge launch. The Libraries Reading Challenge is an exercise to promote and contribute to increased literacy levels. This provides students with a focus on their reading as well as improving confidence and well-being. Certificates are issued to participants upon completion of the challenge and incentives awarded. Past participants have found this to be a rewarding experience.
We also support a range of Student Services campaigns as well as digital learning initiatives in conjunction with the Colleges Creative and Innovative Team. Events are arranged throughout the year to showcase new and existing library resources and to host e-resource workshops.
For any other information please email: email@example.com. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the most up-to-date information on new resources, information regarding forthcoming library events, workshops and non-term time opening hours.
Library Opening Hours (Term-time)
During July and August the Libraries revert to non-term time opening. Please visit @nrclibraries for updates on opening during the summer period or contact your campus library.
Library Contact Details
Ballymoney - 028 2766 0434
Coleraine - 028 7034 0111
Ballymena (Farm Lodge) - 028 2566 4232
Magherafelt - 028 7939 5230
Newtownabbey - 028 9085 5024
Ballymena (Trostan Avenue) - 028 2563 6255
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org