Despite on-campus activity being restricted due to Covid-19, students within the College have continued to show incredible dedication, determination and diligence throughout an unusual academic year.
Congratulating the award winners, Dr Laura Firth, Head of Student Experience, said: “Our annual Student Recognition Awards are an important event in our academic calendar and are ever more so at the end of a year that has once again been impacted by Covid-19.
“Online learning is just one of the challenges that has been presented to our students.
Congratulations to all our students who have been recognised and a huge well done to all those who have completed their qualification this year. We are extremely proud of you all. I look forward to welcoming our returning students back in September and wish our final year students well on the next stage of their journey, wherever that may take them.”
The winners from across the College’s six campuses (Ballymena (Farm Lodge), Ballymena (Trostan Avenue), Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt, Newtownabbey) were:
- Apprentice of the Year: Cathal Cassidy, Adam Coomber and Dylan Scott.
- Trainee of the Year: John Cross, William Joel Roxborough and Adam Stewart.
- Inspirational Student of the Year: William Inch, Lucy McCallum, Ciaran McCarroll, Kyle McClean, Dylan Moore and Cathy Scullion.
- Covid Community Star: Rebecca Hunter, Glenn McDowell and Charlie McGrath-Hayes.
- Adult Learner of the Year: Erin Foster, Alison Kyle, Alan McSeveney, Kate McGrath and Margaret Young.
- Class Representative of the Year: Chris Auld, Ciaran McCarroll, Conor McCann, Lily McMullan, Ciarrai Mulholland, Fionntán Smith.
- Enterprise and Entrepreneur of the Year: Ben McAllister and Tian Porter.
- Student Union Officer of the Year: Caitlin McBride, Abigail Murphy, Che McGoldrick, Chris Dawson and Josephine Dowell.
The awards were streamed online on 25 June 2021 and are available on-demand on the College's YouTube channel.