International Activity

International collaboration in the business community is alive and well, despite recent political events, with business mergers and acquisitions accounting for greater integration and internationalisation of ownership structures.  Many companies located in Northern Ireland are part of a global network of parent or sister companies, supply chains and customer bases, seeking to create a unique and sustainable competitive advantage in their sector.  

Employees in today’s modern economy are more connected and digitally literate than any before them, and the modern economy demands a core workforce that is competent, creative, connected and capable of high performance in a complex and changing environment.

The measure of success of any educational institution depends on how well it responds to this demand as it seeks to provide relevant vocational education and skills.  In this context the Northern Regional College vision ‘is to be an outstanding provider of training and further and higher education, focused on the needs of the modern economy’ including its international dimension.

With this vision mind the College has developed a range of international opportunities designed to enrich the lives of staff, students and employers by providing opportunities to participate in international mobility and partnership projects.  We see international activity as a key driver in building capacity in the lives of individuals, strengthening business processes, enhancing the resources of education institutions and developing further and higher education (FE/HE) policy relevant to the needs of the modern economy thereby raising the quality of Vocational Education and Training (VET) for all.  

Irvine Abraham, Internationalisation Manager
Newtownabbey Campus
028 9085 5017 or 07554 118 416