Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE)
In 2013 Northern Regional College applied for, and was successful in attaining the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education. Accreditation of the ECHE was the first step in meeting the College strategic vision for developing relationships and partnerships with Higher Education Institutes (HEIs) in Programme and Partner countries. The College stated Erasmus Strategy in the context of Life Long Learning Programme (2014-20) is ‘to strengthen European links and broaden the range of Erasmus activities available to staff and students’. Underpinning this strategy is five key objectives:
- To enable staff to undertake mobility visits to HEIs in programme countries there-by underpinning the bi-lateral relationships and serve as a starting point for further development of student placements and multi-lateral projects.
- To develop partnerships with HEIs for the sharing of best practice and exchange of ideas in HE VET teaching and learning.
- To develop new HE VET programmes which promote study periods abroad and increase the number of students participating.
- To develop a network of HEIs providing HE VET work placements and enable similar arrangements for receiving HE VET students.
- To develop new HE partnerships for the delivery of joint short cycle and first cycle degrees.